Thursday, January 22, 2015

No Apologies

One constant threat of the "Blog" as a platform is inconsistency. Millions of blogs out there get started every year, but most fail to make it a month, let alone a year.

Whether life gets in the way, or the spark of inspiration fades, keeping a journal, especially one that others read so that you may not be entirely truthful with your writing, there are breaks.

Going back over previous journals (some written before 'blog' entered common usage), I used to apologize when returning after a hiatus. That is not why I'm here, this time.

Unlike most of the pauses I've had on various blogs, this one was planned.  I didn't mention the plan because it struck me that I needed to sort things out without worrying about promises. The temptation to say "I'm taking a couple months off to sort out a few things, but I'll be back in October" or something similar would have been too great.

Whether I came back in a month or two or six wasn't important. What was important was getting some direction. I needed to figure out where all of this was going. There is a thick stack of projects surrounding me, and I needed to figure out what plan I was going to follow.

What I have come up with is summed up here:

Each day is priceless. How are you spending yours?


To be continued. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment