Monday, July 21, 2014

Things Done and Calls Unreturned

The first thing I need to crow about is that everything I intended to do today got done.  That doesn't happen terribly often. It's one of the things I want to work on the most:  Getting things done.

The darker side of today's schedule is that I am still waiting for an answer from the storage company. I asked for a discount beyond the half-month they offered.  I'd rather not double pay for the two months I estimate it will take to transfer the contents. I was told that only the owner could make that decision. That's understandable, but considering he just sold a large swath of prime development land, I think he could let me keep $300 dollars.

An even darker realization came when the attendant admitted to me that the only options for new storage units aren't in the area, but are at the new facility north of town. There will be no quick trips back and forth across the yard.

Another task I set as a priority was to sort out what I needed to do for the IRS. I looked and I think that I can make a decent dent in my obligations without tasking my finances too harshly. In looking through the mail, I came up with the idea that instead of squeezing my finances any more than they already are, I'm going to try and use new money. I'm going to try and improve my income with the purpose of paying off these debts.

Some of that income will be from taking more reviews.  That's an easy one.  I'll try to get an extra review or two each week.  The next most available source of income is the storage unit.  I'm not sure how much I can make by selling off stuff, but it's worth a shot.

I'll need to come up with a few other income sources in the next couple weeks.  I'll have to see if I have any better ideas than the ones I am able to come up with right now.

One side task I hadn't intended on was to order a vegetable juicer. I'm not looking to do anything as radical as a juice cleanse, thought I'm not completely opposed to the thought. I'm more interested in using vegetable juice as a supplement.  I know that I could be healthier if I could eat healthier. For some reason, eating raw leafy greens irritates my stomach.  I'm hoping that juicing them will remove whatever property it is that makes my stomach upset.

It is an expensive experiment, but it's one I think I need to try. The box is supposed to be here Wednesday. If so, Thursday morning will be my first try at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment